The Walking Liberty 1 oz Copper Round by the Golden State Mint is an homage to Adolph Weinman’s half-dollar design that appeared on the front of the half-dollar from 1916 to 1947. This is one of the most famous designs. The copper round is a popular choice for first time coin buyers and this coin is a great pick.
- Made of 1 AVDP oz of .999 pure copper.
- Design features Adolf Weinman’s Walking Liberty half-dollar design
- Obverse side is an image of Walking Liberty walking to the left and the sun is coming up. Behind her ‘LIBERTY’ is written above her and ‘IN GOD WE TRUS’’ is to the right of her.
- On the reverse side of the coin is an American bald eagle with its wings outstretched and its body turned to the left. ‘UNITED STATES of AMERICA’ is arched over the image. At the bottom is ‘1 oz COPPER’. To the left of the eagle is ‘.999 FINE’.
- Recommended Supplies; 39mm Capsule, 39mm Coin Tube, Cotton Gloves
There aren’t many coin designs as famous as the Walking Liberty design that appears on the obverse of this coin. Designed by Adolf Weinman, Walking Liberty shows the famous Liberty, as featured in the Statue of Liberty, walking across the land with an American flag flowing behind her carrying an olive branch. To the right of her, we see the sun coming up over the mountains. Above her is ‘LIBERTY’ and to the right of her is ‘IN GOD WE TRUST’ This image looks simply stunning in .999 fine copper.
On the reverse of the coin is Weinman’s perched eagle design. This design is new for this series. Now the Walking Liberty Copper Round matches the original Walking Liberty half-dollar that ran from 1916-1947. The eagle is turned to the left and standing on a mountain top. Arched above the eagle are the words ‘UNITED STATES of AMERICA’. Below is written ‘1 oz COPPER’. Instead of ‘E Pluribus Unum’ which was on the original, this has ‘.999 FINE’ written to the left of the eagle.
The Golden State mint was founded in 1974 in Central Florida. Through the years they have proven to be a very reliable mint who makes great products.
The Walking Liberty 1 oz Copper Round is a great opportunity to buy a piece of history. With this great design struck in copper, it makes a more affordable opposition for collectors and investors. Get yours today.