The Austrian 4 Ducat is a coin that goes way back in the Austrian Empire. These coins were issued from perhaps the 17th Century until 1914 when World War I made metal short in supply. The year of issue you receive depends on the stock on hand.
- Made of .44 Troy oz of 98.6 pure gold
- Most coin are 1915 restrikes but older dates may be included
- Face value of 4 Ducat issued by Austria-Hungary
- On the obverse side of the coin has the image of Franz Joseph I
- The reverse side has the Austrian Coat of Arms
- When purchasing multiple coins, you may get two coins of the same year
After the Austro-Hungarian Empire decided to adopt the gold standard, they decided to honor their emperor by putting his image on the obverse of the coin. So on the obverse of the coin is a detailed rendition of Franz Joseph I, emperor of the empire. Here he is shown here with a crown of laurel leaves and the great detail really shows off his epic mustache and beard.
The reverse side of the coin has the Austrian Coat of Arms over a double headed eagle. Around the image of the double eagle is the phrase ‘“LOD ILL REX A A”, the year of issue and “HVNGAR BOHEM GAL” which means ‘ King of Hungary, Bohemia, Galicia and Lodomeria, Illyria, Archduke of Austria’. At the bottom is a 4 for 4 Ducats. The year of issue you receive depends on our stock on hand. If you buy multiple coins you may get the same dates of issue.
Add a piece of Austrian history to your collection with the Austrian 4 Ducat Gold Coin. By allowing us to choose the year, you get a better price than if you bought a specific year. Get yours today.
Product ReviewsLogin to Review
There are no reviews yet.