The British 1/4 oz Gold Britannia Coin features the very popular Britannia design. Britannia looks epic in bullion quality .9999 fine gold. The Britannia series is a very popular series for the Royal Mint.
- Recognized as legal tender backed by the British Government.
- Blister packaging
- Four new design elements added in 2021 as security features
- 1/4 Troy Oz with .9999 fine gold BU Grade
- 25 British Pounds face value
- Obverse: Jody Clark’s bust of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscripted with “Elizabeth II”, “D.G.”, “REG”, “F.D.”, “25 Pounds”
- Reverse: Phillip Nathan’s Brittania design holding a trident and shield. Inscripted: “Britannia”, “2022”, “1/4.oz”, “999.9”, “Fine”, “Gold”
- Multiples of 10 coins will arrive in original British Royal Mint tube
- Recommended supplies:
The reverse side of the coin features Phillip Nathan’s design of Britannia, the embodiment of Britain. Shown here she is wearing a brush helmet on her head and a toga. She is holding a trident in her right hand and a shield with the Union Flag in her left. Also in her left hand is an olive branch. Nathan’s design is supposed to hearken to the strength and resilience of Britain. Arching over the image is ‘BRITANNIA, 2022 1/4 oz, 999.9, ‘FINE’, ‘GOLD’. The Royal Mint has included four new security features. A latent image to the left of Britannia changes from a trident to a padlock when the coin is moved. The waves in the background look like they are moving when the viewer changes their perspective. Tincture lines in the Union flag make counterfeiting difficult. Another security feature is micro text around the background waves. The text is a little ironic because it says ‘Decus et Tutamen’ which is Latin for ‘an ornament and a safeguard’. All of these security measures protect the value of your coin.
The obverse of the coin has the classic Jody Clark design of Queen Elizabeth II. The queen is shown here in her diadem crown and royal jewels. Above her head is ‘Elizabeth II, D.G. REG F.D. which are initials for a Latin phrase that translates to “By the grace of God, queen. Defender of the faith”, and ‘50 Pounds’. Below the queen’s image are the initials ‘JC’ for Jody Clark.
The Royal Mint is widely regarded as a master mint. With over 1100 years of experience, they understandably have a strong grasp of how to make quality commemorative and bullion coins. The Britannia series of coins are evidence of the level of expertise they bring to designing and producing coins.
The 2022 British ¼ oz Gold Britannia coin is a superior coin that everyone should have in their collection. They are super popular and sure to sell out.