The 2022 British 1/10 oz Gold Britannia Coin features the very embodiment of Britain, Britannia. The Royal Mint’s Britannia series of coins are very popular and highly sought after. The Britannia design looks spectacular in .9999 fine gold.
- Recognized as legal tender backed by the British Government.
- Blister packaging
- Four new design elements added in 2021 as security features
- 1/10 Troy Oz with .9999 fine gold BU Grade
- 10 British Pounds face value
- Obverse: Jody Clark’s bust of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscripted with ““10 Pounds’ Elizabeth II’, ‘D.G.’, ‘REG’, ‘F.D.’.
- Reverse: Phillip Nathan’s Brittania design holding a trident and shield. Inscripted: “Britannia”, “2022”, “1/10 oz”, “999.9”, “Fine”, “Gold”
- Multiples of 25 coins will arrive in original British Royal Mint tube
- Recommended supplies: 16mm Capsule, Capsule Tube
The featured design for this coin is Phillip Nathan’s Britannia design. Britannia is the embodiment of Britain and is supposed to represent the strength and resilience of Britain. In Nathan’s portrayal she is wearing a toga and a brush helmet on her head. In her right hand she is wielding a trident and in her right hand is an olive branch and a shield with a Union flag on it. Arched above the image is ‘Britannia 2022 1/10 oz 999.9 ‘FINE GOLD’. Below is ‘NATHAN’ as an artist’s signature.
The obverse has the familiar Queen Elizabeth II design by Jody Clark. The queen is pictured facing to the right wearing her diadem crown and royal jewelry. Arched above her head is ‘10 Pounds Elizabeth II’. Below are inscribed ‘D.G. REG. F.D.’ for the Latin phrase, ‘Dei Gratia Regina Fidei Defensor’ which means, ‘By the grace of God, queen Defender of the Faith.”
The Royal Mint has been making coins for over 1100 years and have demonstrated the tremendous skill that comes from experience and have proven they can embrace modern technology in creating their commemorative bullion coins. Collectors have come to rely on the mint for creating coins that are guaranteed to be high quality adorned with amazing art. They incorporate anti-counterfeiting measures in their coins. The Britannia coin has four of these features in their latest coin. There is a latent image of a trident that changes to a padlock to the left of Britannia and the waves behind Britannia look like they are moving when you rock the coin. Detailed tincture lines in the shield and micro-text around the waves are two more features. Ironically, the micro-text reads ‘ Decus et Tutamen’ which means ‘An ornament and a safeguard’.
The 2022 British 1/10 Gold Britannia Coin is a tremendous coin crafted by the masterful hands of the Royal Mint. This coin needs to be part of your collection. Get yours today.