Veteran bullion collectors love the venerable American Silver Eagle Coin for its classic appeal and collectability. This release marks the second year the mint has used the newly redesigned eagle image on the reverse side. The classic Walking Liberty design and this year’s eagle design look stunning in .999 fine silver.
- Made of .999 pure silver.
- Backed by the U.S. government (face value of $1).
- Obverse side has Walking Liberty design with ‘LIBERTY’ written at the top, ‘IN GOD WE TRUST’ written to the right and ‘2022’ written at the bottom
- Reverse side has an image of an eagle landing on a branch with ‘UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ONE DOLLAR 1 OZ FINE SILVER’ written around the image. To the right is ‘E PLURIBUS UNUM’
- Recommended Supplies: 40mm Coin Capsule, Cotton Gloves, US Mint Silver Eagle Tube
The Walking Liberty design was drafted in 1916 by Adolph A Weinman and quickly became a popular symbol representing the United States. This design, appearing on the obverse side of the coin, features Lady Liberty, originally seen as the Statue of Liberty, walking with the US flag flying behind her. She is carrying oak and laurel branches in her left hand and her right hand is outstretched. Behind her is the sun coming up over a hill. Above he is ‘LIBERTY’. Below her is ‘2022’. To the right of her is the United States motto, ‘IN GOD WE TRUST’.
On the reverse side of the coin has an eagle appearing to be landing on a branch with wings outstretched. Engraved above it is ‘UNITED STATES of AMERICA’. Below the image is ‘ONE DOLLAR’ indicating the face value of the coin backed by the United States Government. Also at the bottom of the coin is ‘1 OZ FINE SILVER’. Above this in smaller text is ‘E PLURIBUS UNUM’ another more traditional motto of the United States which is Latin for ‘From many, one.’
The 2022 1 oz American Silver Eagle Coin is a great opportunity to purchase a highly collectible coin made from the highly respected US Mint. The American Eagle Coins have been very popular coins and long sought after by collectors. Be sure to get yours.