The 2022 1 oz American Platinum Eagle Coin looks stunning in .9995 fine platinum. This coin combines a wonderful design with .9995 fine platinum. This is the quality collectors have come to expect from the US Mint.
- Made of 1 troy oz. .9995 fine platinum
- Product of U.S. Mint
- Face value is $100 backed by the U.S. Government
- Obverse side has a close up of the Statue of Liberty’s face. To the right of her is ‘2022’ and ‘IN GOD WE TRUST’. At the bottom is ‘E PLURIBUS UNUM’.
- Reverse of the coin has an American bald eagle flying with the sun coming up behind them. “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” inscribed above. To the right is ‘.9995 Platinum 1 oz.’ At the bottom is ‘$100’.
- Recommended Supplies; 32mm Direct Fit Air-Tite Capsule, Cotton Gloves
The American Eagle Series of coins started in 1986 in gold and silver only and it wasn’t until 1997 that the mint started offering platinum versions of the coin. They were initially offered in 1/10, ¼, ½ and 1 oz denominations. After 2008, however, the 1 oz platinum is the only one available from the mint.
The obverse side features a close-up of the Statue of Liberty’s face looking straight ahead. The contours on her face and the details of the image give it a kind of 3D look. Above her head is ‘LIBERTY’. To the right is ‘2022’ and ‘IN GOD WE TRUST’. At the bottom edge is written ‘E PLURIBUS UNUM’ which is the Latin phrase ‘From many, one’ which has become a motto of the United States referring to the melting pot nature of the United States.
On the reverse side of the coin is an American bald eagle flying in the sky with the sun rising behind it. The composition of the image and the detailed relief design give it a depth of field effect. Above the eagle is ‘UNITED STATES OF AMERICA’. To the right is ‘.9995 Platinum 1 oz.’ At the bottom is ‘$100’.
If you are looking to add some platinum to your portfolio or collection then the 2022 1oz American Platinum Eagle Coin is a great choice. This great design minted in .9995 fine platinum by the highly respected U.S. Mint makes this coin a must buy.
Dave Fennessy (verified owner) –
I believe that there is a place for Platinum in Stacker’s metal portfolio. This is the 3rd Platinum Eagle I have Purchased from Hero Bullion and as usual it is in Pristine condition. Thank You Hero Bullion for taking great care of us! You guys are the Best!