The 2021 South African Gold Krugerrand is an absolutely beautiful coin with a long history. Made by the South African Mint using .9167 pure gold, the Krugerand coin is an icon of the bullion coin industry.
- Made of 1 troy oz. .9167 pure gold
- Minted by South African Mint
- Protective plastic coin flip
- Bullion grade uncirculated
- Obverse portrait of former president of South Africa, Paul Kruger with ‘Suid-Afrika’ and ‘South Africa’ inscribed
- Reverse picture of springbok antelope from South Africa with ‘Krugerand 2021 Fyngoud 1 oz Fine Gold’
The Krugerand is a legend in the coin industry. It is internationally seen as a symbol of wealth. The South African Mint started making these coins in 1967 and by 1980 the Gold Krugerrand represented 90% of the global coin market. This inspired other countries to offer gold coins. The name ‘Krugerand’ comes from the last name of the first and only president of South Africa, Paul Kruger and the South African currency, the rand.
The obverse of the coin features a portrait of Paul Kruger facing to the left. Arched above him are the words ‘Suid-Afrika’ and ‘South Africa’. The reverse of the coin has a picture of a springbok antelope, the national animal of South Africa. Above the antelope is ‘Krugerrand’ to the left is ‘20’ and to the right is ‘21’. Below the animal is ‘Fyngoud 1oz. Fine Gold’.
The South African Mint was founded over 120 years ago.
Buy a 2021 1 oz South African Gold Krugerrand and you aren’t just buying a coin that looks great in any collection but you are owning a part of history. Get yours today.