With an MS-63 rating from the NGC (one of the top grading services), this $20 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle coin is now even more collectible. These coins date between 1907 to 1933 so as you can imagine it is pretty hard to find one of these classic coins in such great condition. This is a popular coin for its classic design and the fact that they were made prior to the US Mint’s discontinuation of gold in coins. These coins are made with .900 pure gold.
- Made of .9675 troy oz of .900 pure gold
- Face value of $20 dollars backed by the US Mint
- Designed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens
- Encapsulated and rated by NGC as MS-63.
- Obverse side has an image of Lady Liberty
- The reverse side has an American Bald Eagle flying through the skies
- Dates may vary 1907 to 1933 and is dependent on stock on hand.
- Coin pictured above is an example of the quality of coin you will receive.
On the obverse side of this coin is Lady Liberty as designed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens. She is shown here in a toga with the wind blowing her long hair. She is standing on a mountain overlooking the Capitol building. The image brings to mind the gods looking down from Mr. Olympus. She has a torch in her right hand and is holding an olive branch in her other hand. Behind her are sun rays radiating around her. Above her is ‘LIBERTY’. At the bottom is the year of issuance.
The reverse side has an American bald eagle flying with its wings outstretched. Below him is a sun with rays shining up in the background. Saint-Gaudens put a great deal of detail into his design of the eagle. You can very clearly make out its feathers. Above him are ‘UNITED STATES of AMERICA’ and ‘TWENTY DOLLARS’. Written right above the sun is ‘IN GOD WE TRUST’.
This is a great opportunity to not only own a $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin but to have one that has been graded by NGC as MS63. We are not sure how long we will have these available and if we will get any more. Get yours before they are gone.
Product ReviewsLogin to Review
There are no reviews yet.