The Bitcoin 1oz Copper Round commemorates the most popular cryptocurrency, Bitcoin. Now can you have a physical representation of all that Bitcoin you have or wish you had.
- Design based on Michael Bruce’s 2010 original design
- Limited to only 100,000 rounds worldwide
- Made of 1 AVDP oz of .999 pure copper.
- Obverse side has the Bitcoin symbol. Around the image is written ‘BITCOIN, DIGITAL, DECENTRALIZED, PEER TO PEER, AOCS APPROVED, 1 AV OZ .999 FINE COPPER
- Reverse side has what looks like microcircuitry with the artist’s initials ‘MJB’ and the date of manufacture in what looks like a microchip
It is kind of surreal seeing the Bitcoin symbol on an actual coin but that is what we have here and Michael Bruce’s design looks spectacular in .999 fine copper. This design was first seen in 2010 but the HoTC mint has brought it back for this special limited edition coin.
The obverse side of the coin has the now famous Bitcoin logo, a letter B with two lines going through it resembling a dollar sign. Written around the image are ‘BITCOIN, DIGITAL, DECENTRALIZED, PEER TO PEER, AOCS APPROVED, 1 AV OZ .999 FINE COPPER’. The image with these words written around it seems to be tribute to the features of Bitcoin and what has led to its success.
The reverse side of the coin looks like micro circuitry, perhaps an homage to the fact that Bitcoin like any cryptocurrency exists in a computer. Inside the microcircuitry is a space that looks kind of like a microchip. The chip’ label has ‘MJB’ the design artist’s signature and below that is the year of manufacture..
This coin was minted by the Heads or Tails Coin Company (HoTCo) which is known for making statues of famous coins. They have built a name for themselves as a company that can create with cutting edge technology what others would deem impossible. Here they use their expertise to create a commemorative tangible coin for crypto currency which is not something that is tangible.
Be sure to get your commemorative Bitcoin 1 oz Copper Round before they are all gone. With only 100,000 made, they will most certainly go fast.