The Monster Box of the 2022 British 1 oz Silver Britannia contains 500 of the Phillip Nathan’s Britannia design coins. This design looks so good in bullion grade .9999 fine silver. This edition is more secure than past editions because of four new security features.
- Monster Box contains 500 coins
- Recognized as legal tender backed by the British Government.
- Four new design elements added in 2021 as security features
- 1 Troy Oz .9999 pure silver BU Grade
- 2 British Pounds face value
- Obverse: Jody Clark’s bust of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscripted with “Elizabeth II”, “D.G.”, “REG”, “F.D.”, “2 Pounds”
- Reverse: Phillip Nathan’s Brittania design holding a trident and shield. Inscripted: “Britannia”, “2022”, “1.oz”, “999.9”, “Fine”, “Silver”
- Monster Box will arrive mint strapped and contain 20 tubes of 25 coins each.
For over 1100 years the Royal Mint has been a trusted mint. The Britannia Silver Coin is an example of the expertise people have come to expect from the mint. Using only premium quality metals and expert craftsmanship, they produce superior grade coins for collectors and investors alongside the legal tender coins they make for the British government.
The obverse side of the coin has Queen Elizabeth II as designed by Jody Clark when the Royal Mint commissioned it in 2015. With her royal diadem on her head and wearing the royal jewels, the queen looks particularly stately and regal. Around the image is ‘D.G. REG F.D.” for the Latin phrase ‘Dei Gratia Regina’ and ‘Fidei defensor’ which means ‘By the grace of God, defender of the faith’. To the left is ‘2 Pounds’ and ‘Elizabeth II’ appears to the right.
The reverse side features the famous Phillip Nathan Briannia design. Britannia is shown armed with her iconic trident in her right hand and is holding a shield with the Union flag in the other. She also holds an olive branch in the left hand. The Britannia design is supposed to represent the strength of Britain with an eye toward peace.
In 2021 the Royal Mint added four new anti-counterfeiting measures to the coin. On the reverse of the coin to the left you will see another smaller trident that turns to a padlock as you move the coin. Another feature is that the waves in the background of the coin appear to be moving as you move the coin. The Union flag on Britannia’s shield has tincture lines that highlight the flag as a decorative security feature. The fourth security feature appears around the border of the coin where we see “Decus et Tutamen’ which is Latin for ‘an ornament and a safeguard. All of these features work together to defend the value of your coin.
Product ReviewsLogin to Review
There are no reviews yet.