The 2003 Mexico 5 oz Silver Libertad BU is a highly sought-after coin that carries a rich history and symbolism. This coin is a part of the beloved Libertad series that started in 1982, and it continues to captivate collectors and investors alike with its unique design and limited mintage. The coin’s appeal lies not only in its intrinsic value but also in its representation of Mexican heritage and independence.
Key features :
- The coin is composed of 5 oz of .999 fine Silver, ensuring its value and desirability among precious metal enthusiasts.
- It features the Angel of Independence on the reverse, a symbol of freedom and resilience.
- The obverse side showcases a sculptural relief design of the National Shield, surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico’s history.
- The coin is guaranteed by Banco de México, adding an extra layer of trust and authenticity.
- The mintage of this particular coin is limited to only 6,000 pieces, making it a rare find for collectors.
The design of the coin is deeply rooted in Mexican history and culture. The Angel of Independence, prominently featured on the reverse, is a renowned monument in Mexico City and a symbol of the country’s struggle for independence. The various renditions of the National Coat of Arms on the obverse side trace the evolution of Mexico’s national identity over the years. Owning this coin is akin to holding a piece of Mexican history in your hands.
The obverse side of the coin is a testament to Mexico’s rich history. It features a sculptural relief design of the National Shield, surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico’s history. Each emblem tells a story of the country’s past, making this coin not just a valuable asset, but also a historical artifact.
On the reverse side, the coin depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl. The Winged Victory statue, also known as the Angel of Independence, is a symbol of freedom and resilience. The backdrop of the two famous volcanoes adds a touch of natural beauty to the design, further enhancing the coin’s appeal.
With its blend of rich historical symbolism and fine silver composition, the 2003 Mexico 5 oz Silver Libertad BU is a tangible testament to Mexican heritage. Its rarity, marked by a limited mintage of just 6,000 pieces, amplifies its allure. This coin is not merely a collector’s item, but a captivating narrative of Mexico’s past, encased in precious metal.