Marking one of the most infamous ships in maritime history is the 2023 Cook Islands 1oz Silver HMS Bounty Coin. This coin is struck in .9999 fine silver. Collectors and investors both will appreciate the design and quality of this coin.
- Features one of the most famous ships in history
- Made of 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure silver in BU condition.
- Has a face value of 1 Dollar backed by the Cook Islands.
- The obverse side has Queen Elizabeth II in profile with ‘ELIZABETH II’ and ‘COOK ISLANDS’ around her head and ‘2023’ below her
- Reverse side features an image of the HMS Bounty with ‘1 DOLLAR’ and ‘.1 OZ FINE SILVER .9999’ below
In 1787, the Royal Navy purchased the HMS Bounty for a botanical mission. The ship, led by William Blighe sailed to South Pacific Islands to acquire breadfruit plants and take them to the West Indies. The crew, led by Lieutenant Fletcher Christian mutinied in 1789 and took it to Pitcaird island where they burned it in an effort to cover their escape. An American explorer recovered several remains in 1957.
The obverse side of this coin has Queen Elizabeth II as seen in profile. This design was designed by Ian Rank-Broadley in 1998. The image shows the queen wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara which was given to her as a gift at her wedding to Prince Philip. It is her favorite diadem. Above her head to the left is ‘ELIZABETH II’. To the right above her head is ‘COOK ISLANDS’. Below her is the year ‘2023’.
On the reverse of the coin is the image of the HMS Bounty after its initial construction. The Bounty was a three-masted, fully rigged ship that weighed 215 tons which is relatively small in comparison to other ships in the Royal Navy. Below the image is ‘1 DOLLAR FINE SILVER .9999’.
The 2023 Cook Islands 1 oz Silver HMS Bounty Coin is a fine coin for any collection. This would make a great gift for anyone who is into famous ships or sailing. Buy yours today.