The 2022 British ½ oz Gold Britannia coin looks gorgeous struck in .9999 fine gold. The Britannia coin is a very popular coin and features the embodiment of Britain, Britannia. Minted by the Royal Mint, the Britannia coin is guaranteed to be of the highest quality.
- Recognized as legal tender backed by the British Government.
- Four new design elements added in 2021 as security features
- 1/2 Troy Oz with .9999 fine gold BU Grade
- 50 British Pounds face value
- Obverse: Jody Clark’s bust of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscripted with “Elizabeth II”, “D.G.”, “REG”, “F.D.”, “50 Pounds”
- Reverse: Phillip Nathan’s Brittania design holding a trident and shield. Inscripted: “Britannia”, “2022”, “1/2.oz”, “999.9”, “Fine”, “Gold”
- Multiples of 10 coins will arrive in original British Royal Mint tube
The obverse of the Britannia coin has Britannia as designed by Phillip Nathan, clad in a breastplate and brush topped helmet, holding a trident in her right hand a shield with the Union flag on it in her left. Also clutched in her left hand is an olive branch. Her image is supposed to represent the strength of Britain and its strong desire for peace. Arched above the image is ‘2022 ½ oz 999.9 Fine Gold’ Below the artwork is ‘Nathan’ for the artist. The Royal Mint has included a few anti counterfeiting measures in this coin. To the left of Britannia is a smaller trident. When the coin is moved while looking at it, the trident turns into a padlock. If you look at the waves in the background of the image while moving the coin they look like they are moving. Another protection feature are the tincture lines in the union flag on the shield.
The reverse of the coin has the now familiar Queen Elizabeth II by Jodi Clark as commissioned by the Royal Mint. This design features the queen looking to her right wearing the crown and the royal jewels. Above her are the words ‘Elizabeth II, D.G.REG. F.D.’ which are the initials of a latin phrase which translated means “By the grace of God, queen. Defender of the faith.” The background of the coin has microdots, yet another anti-counterfeiting measure.
The Royal Mint was founded over 1100 years ago. Today it is widely respected as a mint that produces some of the most popular, masterfully crafted coins and bullions. The 2022 British ½ oz Gold Britannia Coin is testimony of the quality coins the Royal Mint creates.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to own this beautiful coin. The 2022 British ½ oz Gold Britannia coin is the ideal combination of beautiful design and quality craftsmanship. It’s the perfect coin for any collection.