The 2021 Morgan Silver Dollar with S Mint Mark marks the 100th anniversary of the first Morgan Silver Dollar. This is a great opportunity to buy a piece of history. With only 175,000 worldwide, you need to act fast.
- Each coin comes in a black presentation box and a certificate of authenticity
- Celebrates the final printing of the Morgan Silver Dollar
- Only 175,000 coins produced world-wide
- Made of .858 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- The obverse side of the coin has side portrait of Lady Liberty. Written above is ‘E. Pluribus Unum’ and ‘2021’
- On the reverse side is a picture of an American bald eagle with its wings outstretched clutching an olive branch and some arrows
- Inspired by George T. Morgans original designs.
- S Mint Mark for the San Francisco Mint
In 1921 the US Silver Dollar returned to production after 17 years of not being in production. This return was short-lived as it was replaced later that year by the Peace Silver Dollar. Here we are 100 years later and the US Mint has brought it back for a limited run of only 175,000. In this release, each of the mints involved in making the original Morgan Silver dollars are honored. The Philadelphia Mint pitched in to help replace Carson City Mint and the New Orleans Mints which are now closed. They produced coins with CC mint marks and O mint marks. They then went on to mint their own coins to celebrate their part in the original coins by not having a mint mark. This is San Francisco’s edition of the coin.
The obverse side of the coin has George T. Morgan’s design of Lady Liberty shown here facing left with a Phrygian cap on her head, a coronet and a laurel wreath crown. Above her is written the Latin phrase ‘E. Pluribus Unum’, which means “From many, one”. Below her image are thirteen stars and ‘2021’.
The reverse side has another design by Morgan, a bald eagle with its wings outstretched. The eagle is clutching an olive branch and some arrows. Above the eagle design is written ‘UNITED STATES OF AMERICA’. Just above the eagle is ‘IN GOD WE TRUST’. Below is ‘ONE DOLLAR’.
Since 1792, the US Mint has made coins that tell the story of America. By creating coins of different design throughout the centuries, they have marked key points in history. They also have taken the skills they have learned from so much experience and created beautiful uncirculated commemorative coins that have been highly sought after by collectors all over the world.
Product ReviewsLogin to Review
There are no reviews yet.