There is a lot to love about the 2013 5 oz Silver America the Beautiful Fort McHenry coin. This is a beautiful coin honoring Fort McHenry and its role in the War of 1812. This coin has a great design, a limited mintage, and a beautiful coin made with 5 Troy ounces of .999 fine silver by the United States Mint.
- Made of 5 Troy ounces of .999 fine silver
- Coin from the America the Beautiful Series
- Face value of .25 backed by the United States Government
- Obverse side of the coin has the classic quarter design with George Washington
- The reverse side has Fort McHenry and bombs bursting in the background
- Very limited mintage of only 30,000 available worldwide
- Designed by John Flanagan
- Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition
On the obverse side is a portrait of George Washington, the first President of the United States. The design was created by sculptor John Flanagan and depicts Washington facing to the right, with the inscription “United States of America” above his head. ‘Quarter Dollar” is located right below his bust. Right under Washington’s chin is ‘LIBERTY’. To the right of his bust is ‘IN GOD WE TRUST”.
The reverse side of this coin features a design that commemorates Fort McHenry, a historic fort that played a key role in the defense of Baltimore during the War of 1812. The design features the fort’s flag, which inspired the writing of the national anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner.” At the top of the coin is ‘FORT MCHENRY’. Below the image is ‘MARYLAND 2013 E PLURIBUS UNUM’.
The 2013 5 oz Silver America the Beautiful Fort McHenry coin is a great coin that would look great in your collection. There is no question that this is a coin that collectors all over the world will want. Get yours today.
Product ReviewsLogin to Review
There are no reviews yet.